Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Nostalgia


Yes, 'nostalgia'. Sort of sounds like a great disease.

My little girl started school today, and I'm sort'uv sick in the tummy and excited for her too. She makes friends so easily and loves to have a teacher, and a lunchbox,... and the eggs they were incubating at this school just started hatching out today so now they have fluffly yellow chicks. How can I, mere-old-mum, compare with fluffy yellow chicks! No chance!

She has a uniform on, and her hair up, and it was hard to pick her out amongst even a few children. Really weird. So! to make me feel better, doing a specifically indulgent thing, I have posted a picture of Charlie in her fairy best. This is how she really looks.

I'm just going to go off and hummmm and sigh and have a cup of tea....and wait for another hour to go by so I can get ready to go pick her up. Will's missing her too. He's been doing a bit of 'angry young man' thang.

2 comments:

Sister Buckle said...

Aw, isn't she just too cute?

ChiNut said...

Just makes me wanna cry like a baby. Honestly, this whole taking the child and handing them over is so very stupid. But. She is enjoying herself. Will and I are unhappy about the whole thing.