Monday, January 29, 2007

Going out of orbit


I attended my feng shui teacher's annual workshop on the weekend, and for once, I have to say I was not impressed. This is a 'big thing', really, because I have always been impressed with her. Even if she smiles I'm impressed! you know what I mean?


So I am left with this disappointment deep within. This kind of 'end of an era' feeling,............ which on the flipside of the crap critism and guilt and feelings of loss, actually reminds me that new things are therefore coming in. So it's all ok really.....really.


My lovely teacher has been the source of so many inspirations. She emits an 'inspirational field', and I just love her for it. This year she is 'going global' as she puts it. Publishing a holistic feng shui book and distributing a detox product from a global business. Nothing upsetting me at all about any of that, but she did not put as much into this workshop and she overbooked it, so we all missed out on that small intimate connection you get with a dozen people and a teacher.

(covens, Jesus and apostles kind of thing)


The analogy that clearly came up in my mind was of a bright shining comet that we all love to gaze at and that fills us with 'big' thoughts and wonder, then it night by night fades and continues on it's orbit. It's not gone but we just won't get the benefits of watching and wondering anymore,..for a very long time anyway.


She's often been told that her spirit self is 'galactic'. More than one metaphysical interpreter has let her know she is from another star galaxy of this universe. And you know, usually I 'smile and nod' at people when they say this, not because I don't believe them, but because no-one can prove otherwise, and I'm ok with it. (be from another galaxy! see if I care!) With her though, there is just this otherness that so clashes with the human you see before you, and the warmth she has, and the flaws she has.


Ah anyway. End of an era. Bye bye, stay in touch, keep sending me inspiration from my memories. *sigh*

3 comments:

Sister Buckle said...

Even the Australian cricket team loses sometimes...

Maybe she'll return to form. She's not dead so she has another chance - everyday.

(I think I just out-hippied you)

ChiNut said...

I will not be defined by today's labels. :) I may be hip, (doubt it though) but not a hippie............

I am a spark of the eternal. A ray of the supreme sun. A facet of the omnipresent Divine.
'Ahambramasmi'

(out hippie that sista)
xx
:)

ChiNut said...

I will not be defined by today's labels. :) I may be hip, (doubt it though) but not a hippie............

I am a spark of the eternal. A ray of the supreme sun. A facet of the omnipresent Divine.
'Ahambramasmi'

(out hippie that sista)
xx
:)