Thursday, April 27, 2006

Ah young Jedi.....

Right. This contention about the jaffle maker and the use thereof for the purpose of creating gooey, messy, and ultimately tongue branding sandwichy goodies will be once and for all put to rest.

As the lovely Sister B says, we did have a jaffle maker at home. We used it. When I was a young whipper snapper. BUT!! It was only ever brought out on cold Winter afternoons to use up the overflow of 'curried mince' or 'mince dish undefined'. Never do I remember the jaffle maker being used for something like breakfast. Never.

It was just 'not done'......until the catalyst of Sister B's birth. (oh joy! oh rejoice for the saviour has been BORN!) hmmmm. I think that's just a tad sarcastic really.....

Then the floodgates were open to hot baked bean or canned spaghetti jaffles for elevenses, for afternoon tea too! I remember on various occasions being delightfully scalded for weeks from a particularly plump baked bean jaffle. The melted cheese ones were my favourite but one had to be excessively crafty to avoid Mama putting tomato and pepper and salt in too. That was for a more mature palate. Yet sometimes we would be tricked by the deceptive gooey cheese gushing out of the jaffle and eat the nuclear hot tomato ones. Nothing like atomically heated tomato to really rip the gums into gear and completely resurface the tongue.

So anyway. There was a jaffle maker and yes it was used. But never for brekky.

2 comments:

Sister Buckle said...

Look. I was just happy to leave this issue be. But no - you had to post about it!

Don't call me a young Jedi! I hate George Lucas! Joseph Campbell would be turning in his grave at what he's done to butcher material once associated with his hero mythology work!

I'm very sensitive at the moment! There's a 2-blade, bathroom wrecking, expensive bicycle riding, phone-intimidating dickhead suing our sister!

I think I'll have a beer for lunch.

(IE: Arguments - they're never REALLY bout the jaffle maker)

ChiNut said...

Hmmm yes. I agree. 2 blade wankers tend to get on the nerves.